Our community involvement
Friday May 8 - Carmelo and Hilary sponsored the West Houston Teacher's Awards held by the West Houston Chamber of Commerce at Lakeside Country Club, with the teachers' gifts.
Sunday, February 22 - Monday, February 23, Houston: Carmelo with a few other Houston Chef's donated their time and expertise to prepare an exquisite Kosher dinner for The Houston Chapter of the Ben Gurion University of the Negev Gala held at the Westin Galleria.
Sunday February 22, Houston, Rodeo Uncorked! Roundup and Best Bites Competition - We served a tasting of Rigatoni Gratinati with veal ragu for approxmately 1,000 guests.
Team sponsorship of Memorial Ashford Girls' Softball Asscociation
We continue our support of many charitable organizations, and area schools. Never knowingly do we turn down a request for a donation for auction and silent auction items.
- Show Team of Houston. We are sponsoring on the bronze level so that the children may travel to represent the US at the World Gymnaestrada in Finland in 2015.
- October 17 – Texas Advocacy Project Gala. The Mauro family will be presented with the Generosity of Spirit Award. At last year’s gala Carmelo and Hilary helped raise $80,000.00 for the organization. $52,500.00 was contributed by 3 couples for a wine and food trip to Italy with Carmelo and Hilary. The trip taken in June this year, visited the Tuscany and Emilia Romagna areas.
A similar trip will be up for auction again at the gala, also a dining extravaganza at the restaurant and a two night stay in California.
- September 21 The Women's Home is renovating their kitchen which will be closed for the month of September. We will be donating dinner for 30 people on September 21.
- September 15/16 – Austin: Dining for Life. We are Donating 12% of our takings
- John Lucas Foundation Tournament of Champions, September 19. We are one of the Hole sponsors.
- September 13 Epilepsy Foundation Louisiana Fundraiser Held at Carmelo and Hilary's residence
- Houston Restaurant Weeks, August 1 – September 1
- Go-Texan – Houston and Austin, July 21-27
- June 22 – TRAEF Gala. Carmelo received the President’s Award. This was only the fifth time this was presented in the 77 years of the history of the TRA. Carmelo helped raise over $126,000.00 and thanks those who purchased dinners at the Mauro’s residence; gratitude to Mark Cox of Mark's Restaurant, John Sheely of Mockingbird Café and Osteria Mazzantini who generously are donating their time to prepare a dinner each, which will be paired with wines from the Mauro’s personal cellar.
Special thanks to our friends who donated their condo in the Cayman Islands for 7 nights and to our friends who purchased the trip. $55,000.00 was contributed by three couples who will travel with Carmelo Hilary to Italy in September this year.
- April 26 Earth Day Participant in "Give 5% to Conserve Houston"; partnered with Houston Audubon Society.
- Carmelo and Hilary became two of the Guardian Angels with The Center for Child Protection in Austin
- March 27 - Still happily supporting Uncorked Keels and Wheels
- February 26 - Interfaith CarePartners -- Sweet Charity supporter with desserts for everyone.
- Pleased to be a supporter of many charitable organizations, schools and churches, including~ Spring Branch Education Foundation, The Houston Junior Forum, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Special Olympics Texas, Pope John XXIII High School, The American Cancer Society, Texas Advocacy Project, Good Will’s Good Give Campaign, Relay for Life, Wonders and Worries, St. John Vianney, Katy Junior High Orchestra, Connally High School Band, Austin Under 40, Lake Travis Education Foundation, Center for Child Protection, Child Advocates, Keep Austin Beautiful…
- March 21: Delighted to be still involved in the annual Keels and Wheels Uncorked, benefiting the Boys and Girls Harbor…“Enjoy a silent auction, hors d’oeuvres and wine tasting from some of Houston’s top chefs, including Carmelo’s, Marks and Gran Duca, as they pair custom crafted bites and wines with classic cars and vintage boats. A conclusive judging of the contending restaurants’ submissions will commend the efforts of these participants and award them in order of precedence. Complimentary wine for the evening will once again be provided byBanfi wines, who has generously contributed to this event each year since the beginning, along with Carmelo’s and Marks”. http://www.facebook.com/KeelsandWheels
- Proud supporters of West Houston Community Center
- February 27 Thankful to provide desserts for Interfaith CarePartners fundraising event Sweet Charity
- Culinary Sponsor for the Texas Restaurant Association ProStart Competition
- December 7, 2011 - We are sponsoring the Houston West Chamber of Commerce Orientation Wednesday, from 12:00 – 1:00 pm with lunch. The Orientation will be at the Chamber Office Building (10370 Richmond Avenue Houston, Texas 77042) in Suite 890.
- April 20, 2011 – In partnership with the Katy Area Chamber of Commerce we served Bruschetta & Wild Mushroom Risotto with Ossobucco Sauce for the grand opening of Corporate Office Centers.
- We sponsored a dinner in Austin to raise funds for the Region 3 Championships Men’s Gymnastics;everyone agreed it was agreat way to raise funds for these dedicated boys aspiring to compete in the Olympics.
- January 31 and February 1, 2011 in Austin we served dinner to 190 soccer players participating in the tournament held in Austin under the auspices of USA Football Inc. We were delighted to provide the meals and just as happy to provide warmth as snow and freezing temperatures hit the Texas capital.
- On behalf of the couples from the Marriage Enrichment Afternoon at St. John Vianney Parish on Jan. 29, 2011 I want to thank you for your kind donation. The couple who won the gift certificate ….
- December 15, 2010 – “On behalf of the entire Parish School Community, I would like to thank you for graciously providing the pasta dinner for The Parish School’s Marathon Runners. We are thrilled to honor our Team Parish with a meal from Carmelo’s for all their efforts and fundraising that has raised over $22,000 to date for children with special needs.”
- On December 1, 2010 – Donated pasta to the pre-race recognition dinner at the Parish School. Last year 17 runners in the Chevron Houston Marathon Run for a Reason Program raised over $17,000 for scholarship assistance for children who have language and learning differences.
- Saturday November 13, 2010 – Carmelo was at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch in Katy serving surprise samples at the Westside Chef’s Throwdown, benefitting the Muscular Dystrophy Association. This event is open to all, with sampling wristbands available for purchase. There will be live entertainment, cooking demonstrations and the Kid’s Food & Fun Zone. ALL proceeds benefit MDA.
- Westside High School PTO loved the “Rigatoni with chicken” meals we donated for their dinner the last weekend in October.
- October 28, 2010 - Carmelo just drove a tray of delcious veal meatballs to a meatball competition at Watson’s House of Ale supporting the Foundation Fighting Blindness.
- Saturday October 23, 2010 - Carmelo participated in the Houston Cellar Classic, a celebration of wine and food; serving delicious Wild Mushroom Risotto with veal Ossobucco sauce with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Sunday October 17, 2010 – Carmelo took part in the 8th Annual Risotto Festival benefitting
Houston’s Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management with his creation of Winter Squash Risotto — everyone had a good time and enjoyed tasting the various risottos presented.
- October 7th 2010 - Benefitted the March of Dimes